1. Tyler Perry's Madea Goes to Jail - $16.5M - $64.8M
2. The Jonas Brothers: The 3D Concert Experience - $12.7M - $12.7M
3. Slumdog Millionaire - $12.1M - $115.1M
4. Taken - $9.9M - $107.8M
5. He's Just Not That Into You -$5.8M - $78.5M
6. Paul Blart: Mall Cop - $5.6M - $128.1M
7. Coraline - $5.2M - $61.1M
8. Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun Li - $4.6M - $4.6M
9. Confessions of a Shopaholic - $4.4M - $33.6M
10. Fired Up Screen Gems - $3.8M - $10.1M
Just a quick report this weekend, not long back from the airport. Tyler Perry managed two consecutive weekends at no.1, which is pretty rare for one of his movies. It was still off just under 60% for the weekend as a whole, which just goes to show how poorly the Jonas Brother movie performed. It was, before the weekend kicked off, expected to surpass the total made by the Hannah Montana/Miley Cyrus movie last year. Sadly their appeal doesn't seem to stretch as far and you can expect execs will be scratching their heads over what went wrong.
Slumdog expanded further again and saw another a great weekend on the back of its Oscar success last Sunday. It'll have another decent go next weekend then begin its path on to DVD. Taken crossed the $100M mark on Friday and is down an insane 11.8%!
The only other thing to note is that Street Fighter fell on its backside straight out the gate. Even Fox had little faith in the project, playing it at just over 1100 locations. It's worth noting too that it's the first film of 2009 to score a 0% rating on Rotten Tomatoes. It'll last another weekend in the top ten simply because there's only one release next weekend.